Thursday, May 1, 2008

Craziness

As my swear-in date grows closer, things here in Thies are getting more and more hectic. I'm not really sure what is happening in terms of schdeduling next week, but I do know that I will have to pass a language test and a technical training test. I also know that I have to wake up at 5 AM to get to Dakar to swear-in and then rush back to Thies to attend a party for my host family. It will be busy, but once I get up North I will have oodles of time to relax.

The first three months, I'm not supposed to start any projects. I'm supposed to "get to know the community" and other than that just chill. I guess it is good because it is the hottest part of the year in May and June. I will try to get my new address up as soon as I can a) find the internet cafe b) set up my post office box and c)do things in Pulaar. We'll see if that happens.

No comments: