Wonderful. Scrumptious. Delectable. Silly. Loud.
All words that describe my first Thanksgiving in another country. Not to mention a third world country.
There were three turkeys, one of which was deep fried, two chickens, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn casserole, corn bread, stuffing, cookies, pies galore…if I hadn’t known better I would think I was back at home eating a Thanksgiving feast. Well, I guess the dry, desert-like conditions gave it away. I even made citrus infused carrots, a recipe I got from Bon Apetit! I know! We actually had all the ingredients here!
The volunteers in the North always put on a Thanksgiving party and this year about 50 other volunteers came. It was fun to see everyone I hadn’t seen for a while. There was lots of laughing and merriment, which was just what I needed to relax for a few days. We were able to watch the new-ish Batman movie on a projector, which was AWESOME and scary. We started to watch the new James Bond movie, but about 30 min. into it the power went out (the second giveaway that I was not at home in America).
There was dancing and blaring music 24 hours a day and thank goodness I brought my ear plugs with me…It was a great time and I walked away feeling satiated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment