Saturday, September 5, 2009

Goudoude Diobe's Well!

It's almost all funded! If you are at all interested in donating, even $1, please go to: https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.donors.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=685-124.

I think I only need about $1,000 more. Thanks to all that have already donated.

In other news, yesterday Erin and I did a causerie about good nutrition. We made a vitamin packed porridge for kids 6 months to 5 years old and hopefully the women will replicate it at home instead of making the (gross) Gosi they always do. It's just rice, sugar, and a little bit of sour milk. NO vitamins and it is just as expensive as making the nutritious one. There are some pictures of us making it that I put up for your viewing pleasure.

It's still Ramadan. Still having the same conversations that I always have during this time of year. Still wishing it was over...I have now fasted for 2 days and I think that is plenty for me personally. I won't be converting to Islam and I would rather have a semi productive day as opposed to laying around all day doing nothing. I have such respect for Muslims in America that fast because they actually have to work still. They can't just call in sick for an entire month. You think people here don't do much during the day normally and then Ramadan comes along and then ACTUALLY do nothing, all day. At least it gives me time to study for the GRE and apply to nursing programs.

Until Corite, the end of Ramadan, I expect things to go at about the pace they are going now.

No comments: