Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mosquitos

Clearly, there are a lot of mosquitos here, especially now, that rainy season has commenced. They are quick and sly here in Thies. They land on you and almost instantaneously leave, but still manage to bite you. I'm not sure if anyone has ever had a mosquito bite the bottom of their foot, but it has now happened to me--twice. WHAT!? How do they fly under my feet and bite me? I had one on my right foot and now on my left foot and they were both located right on the soft part of my foot, making it unbearable. Well, you get the idea. You can't not scratch it because you have to walk everywhere here. So, word to the wise: If you come visit me (which I want everyone to do) don't overlook the bottom of your foot when applying mosquito repellent.

No comments: